WHAT: P. Terry’s Quarterly Giving Back Day This Saturday, August 1st
- Terry’s Burger Stand announced the beneficiary of its next Giving Back Day – Seedling Mentor Program. P. Terry’s chose Seedling because they support children challenged by parental incarceration with innovative, research-driven, school based mentoring. Since launching in 2006, Seedling’s Mentor Program has served over 2,400 students, with a presence reaching 150+ campuses in 11 districts and 16 charter schools in Austin and Central Texas. Mentoring provides care and consistency for children who are often living without a parent at home, and research has shown that mentoring plays a major role in building resilience among at-risk youth. P. Terry’s is honored to support Seedling this Saturday by donating all proceeds from the day’s sales to the program. Swing by any location this Saturday for breakfast, lunch, or dinner to support the Seedling Mentor Program.
All P. Terry’s Burger Stand locations are participating August 1, 2020. For more location details visit https://pterrys.com/locations
August 1, 2020 at all P. Terry’s locations
See drive-thru Saturday hours listed below:
- 10:30am – 5pm / 515 Congress Avenue, Suite 130
- 9am-11pm / 3303 N Lamar Boulevard
- 9am – midnight / 404 S Lamar Boulevard
- 9am – midnight / 204 West Ben White
- 9am – midnight / 8515 Burnet Road
- 9am – midnight / 5701 N Interstate Highway 35
- 9am – 10pm / 1421 S IH 35 (Georgetown)
- 9am – 10pm / 5900 N Lamar Boulevard
- 9am – 11pm / 13770 N Highway 183
- 10:30am – 11pm / 3311 Ranch Road 620 S
- 8am – 10pm / 517 W Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard
- 9am – 11pm / 12301 N Mopac Expressway
- 9am – 11pm / 4228 W William Cannon Dr.
- 9am – midnight / 1800 E Oltorf Street
- 9am – midnight / 12018 Research Boulevard
- 9am – 11pm / 515 Springtown Way (San Marcos)
- 9am – 11pm / 12901 N IH 35 (Tech Ridge)
- 9am – 10pm / 1551 TX-71
- 9am – 10pm / 701 S Capital of Texas, Building H
Seedling supports children challenged by parental incarceration with innovative, research driven, school-based mentoring. Seedling launched the Mentor Program in February 2006 at the request of a group of school principals who were concerned about the growing number of children affected by the incarceration of one or both of their parents. Seedling recruits volunteers from the community, matches them with eligible children and offers ongoing support to both children and mentors. These mentors provide stable, long-term relationships for the students that can help them develop and maintain positive attitudes towards school.
To learn more about the Seedling Mentor Program, visit their website here.
Interested in becoming a mentor? See their application form here.
About P. Terry’s Burger Stand
- Terry’s has been family-owned by Texans for Texans since 2005. Known for their focus on all-natural ingredients and scratch cooking, they serve fresh, never-frozen black angus beef (free of hormones and antibiotics), chicken patties formed in-house from whole chicken breast, and fresh-cut fries made from all-natural Idaho potatoes – free of trans fats and hydrogenated oils. P. Terry’s proclaimed mission is to, “always provide fresh, high-quality food at an affordable price while taking care of our customers, crew, and community every chance we get.” Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night, the menu also includes egg burgers using cage-free eggs, fresh-cut breakfast potatoes, fresh-baked banana bread and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, hand-spun milkshakes and vegetarian patties made fresh daily from a proprietary recipe.
Apart from its fresh food and commitment to giving back, P. Terry’s is also focused on ensuring their employees’ well-being through opportunities to grow with their business, paying above industry standards, offering interest-free employee loans and even having a full-time baker on staff to bake each employee the cake of their choice on their birthday.
For press inquiries, interview requests or for more photos, please contact Arielle Olfers at The Southern Influence.