- Blank paper
- Notebook paper (optional)
- Markers or Crayons
Mentor and mentee each choose a different color marker or crayon. On the piece of blank paper, take turns doodling for 15-30 seconds, without picking up your marker from the page.
After each person has doodled, put your markers down and choose a 3rd color marker. Together, find shapes and objects within your doodle. Highlight these with the 3rd marker and name/identify them (for example: pretzel, lightning, snail, heart). Find and identify at least 5 objects and up to 10.
On another sheet of paper, begin your doodle story. Using your original marker color, mentor and mentee take turns writing a sentence using at least one identified object
from the doodle. Take turns continuing the story by adding sentences, until all object words have been used and you feel your story has come to an end.
Read your story together.
- What would you title our story?
- What do you like about the story?
- Would you like to change or add to the story?
- What are some similarities or differences of this story and your life story?
- If there was a story about your life, what would be the title?